Study in Australia is the dream of many Indian students. The educational system of Australia provides many good facilities and there are many great future opportunities for the students. Students can work along with their study which makes them hard-working and helps to build their career.
In this article, we will discuss all the important points which an Indian student search while he decides to study in Abroad in Australia. We will list out all points like why there is becoming the trend of studying abroad by Indian students, Australia Educational System, Top universities of Australia, Fee structure Admission criteria of Australian Universities and colleges etc.
Hope, we will manage to cover all the details so that you do not need to explore other websites.
Indian Students in Australia Universities / Colleges
There is a large number of universities and colleges in India also but when students think about their future in India. They doubt whether they able to make their career in India or not. On the contrary, they feel studying in abroad will provide you with a secure future and they can build their career easily as compare to be here in India.
Countries like Australia provide a large number of opportunities. Australian Universities and college provides students with flexible study hours. They permit 20 hours of working time to students so that they can make their earnings. Students, after paying Educational fees and starting study in Universities or colleges, start working, so that they do not need to be dependent upon anyone for their live-hood in a foreign country, which makes them hardworking and able to reach their goals.
There is a long list of top-level universities and colleges in Australia in which Indian Students dream to take admission. Here, we are listing a few numbers of universities, you can also try to take admission in:
- University of Melbourne, Melbourne
- The University of Sydney, Sydney
- Monash University, Melbourne
- UNSW Sydney, Kensington
- Australian National University, Canberra
- The University of Queensland, Brisbane
- RMIT University, Melbourne
- The University of Adelaide, Adelaide
- University of Technology, Ultimo
- Curtin University, Perth
- University of Western Australia, Perth
- University of Newcastle, Callaghan
These are top universities of Australia which able to maintain benchmark every year and provides competition to other universities and colleges of Australia.
Main Courses Chosen By Indian Students in Australia
Before deciding to study from Australia, you need to decide which stream you want to choose. Since it’s not about the place; it is about your interest and career. Students can take the help of consultants also. They will guide you to about different courses you take to do on the basis of your past study and your career plans. Main courses chose by Indian Students in Australia are:
- Agricultural Science
- Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Computer Science)
- Computer Science and IT
- Business Management
- Biomedical Engineering
- Hospitality management
- Environment Education
- Physiotherapy and Healthcare
- Media and Public Relationship etc.
Most of the Indian students choose these courses when they decide to study abroad. Students can also get a list of Australia college courses from consultants also.
Average Fee structure / Cost of Universities / Colleges in Australia
Fee structure and cost of universities depends upon the study, the course you are taking admission in, whether you are going for undergraduate study or masters or doctorate.
The average tuition fee for undergraduate education is around 30,000 Australian dollars and 31,000 Australian dollars for post-graduation.
But, numbers in government site varies from above-mentioned details i.e. 20,000 Australian dollars for postgraduate students and 14,000 Australian dollars for Doctorate students.
However, this is the average number, this amount can be an increase or decrease on the basis of college or university you are choosing or you can also apply for scholarship later so that you do not need to pay this much amount for further study.
Important Examinations to Study in Australia
To study in Australia you need to clear an additional test before proceeding with college or universities standard admission tests like GRE, GMAT or SAT etc. You need to clear English test i.e. IELTS or TOEFL. There is a standard score you need to achieve in this test for taking admission in the preferred university or college.
How To Get Admission in Australia Colleges: Step By Step Application Process
To get admission in Australia College or university, you need to follow their admission criteria:
- Once you clear the IELTS or TOEFL test. You need to select the desired college or university you want to get admission in.
- Since there is a limited number of seats for Foreign students so you need to be active to apply for admission.
- Fill admission form of the specific university you are looking for to take admission.
- If their management considers your application then you will give their admission test or interview.
- If you clear the interview, they will send you a confirmation email.
- You can check your confirmation letter and need to pay a fee after this.
- You will receive an Enrolment letter in the end.
That’s it, now you need to apply for a visa and join the college or university in Australia.
The Education System in Australia
The educational system of Australia is considered as best on the basis of the study, providing opportunities in students. They also provide scholarship for the deserving students so that there will be no hurdle in their education, provide flexible study hours to students so that because of the timing issue there study does not affect. Along with study they provide work permit students for 20 hours so that they can earn money for their livelihood and no need to be dependent on an unknown country and survive easily. Because of all these facilities, Australia becomes a source of attraction for Indian students.
Indian Students visa requirements in Australia
Once you pass the IELTS test and complete the Admission process, you need to apply for Visa. Below is the detail of Visa requirement:
- Enrolment proof
- Valid passport (If you have expired passport, take that passport also)
- Submit fee of Visa Application
- GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) statement
- Proof of IELTS test, Financial Ability
- Health insurance policy details
- Detail of purpose of going abroad
- Passport-sized photographs
Also, a candidate needs to be above 18 years to apply for a study visa.
Get Admission Abroad: Why to Choose Us For Study In Australia Guidance
University provides proper guidance to study in Australia. They guide their students to select a course, score required to pass the test. Provides study material and classes to clear English language test like IELTS or TOEFL. Students practice in their learning batches to clear IELTS test.
FAQs for Study in Australia
1. Why choose to study in Australia for Indian Students?
The main reason for studying in Australia is betterment for their future. Students believe the educational system of Australia will provide the best career opportunities. Students can earn money along with study, flexible study hours. There are also factors which laid Indian students to choose Australia for study.
2. How do I begin the process of studying in Australia?
If you have no idea about the procedure or have only decided to study in Australia, then we will advise you to take guidance from Consultants. Consultants will list out the requirements, eligibility criteria of different universities, fee structure, admission procedure, documents required, score required in test etc. information. On the basis of these details, you can proceed with the process of studying in Australia.
3. Is it possible to transfer from one Australia College to another without starting the program over?
It depends upon Australia College you have taken admission. If the other college accepts you, then you can transfer from present college to a new college. But there might be chances that your fee is not refundable. Most of the top colleges in Australia do not refund fee.
4. What are the basic steps to study in Australia?
When you decide to study in Australia, you need to follow these basic steps:
- Decide course for study from Australia
- Choose desired University or college in Australia
- Find out requirements and eligibility criteria of Visa and admission procedure.
- Give Language test; apply for the admission for a particular college or university.
- When you clear all the test, get an offer letter from the university.
- Enrolment confirmation letter
- Apply for visa
- Submit the fee
For Admission in Australia, you can take help of Australia admission consultants. This will help to complete the process of Australia college admission in an easy way. Since they have vast knowledge and experience in guiding students for the Australian study process.