University of Oxford the name of which is pleasant to the ears of every scholar around the world is basically a research University, which is located in the Oxford United Kingdom. It is the second oldest University in the whole world which has evidence of being founded long back in the year 1096.
The name of the Oxford University is a just like a name of the whole Universe for every such scholar, who is looking forward to studying the graduate and the postgraduate or even the doctorate programs.
Getting admission into the University of Oxford is nothing less than a dream come true for the students around the world and this scenario tells everything about the fame and prestige of this University.
In this article, we are going to provide some significant information to our fellow Indian scholars about the University of Oxford, which is going to be very helpful to them in the course of seeking their admission into the University for the undergraduate and the postgraduate programs.
We urge you to go through the entire article and you would hopefully find the answer of your every query regarding your admission into your dream Oxford University.
Indian Students at Oxford University
If we talk about the Goodwill of Oxford University in the Indian context, then it is like a Mecca to every Indian student, who wants to study the Graduate/Postgraduate program from the foreign country.
Oxford is always the first preference for the majority of the Indian students and the same scenario is seen every year, as the wide numbers of the Indian scholars apply for their admission into the University.
There are already the significant numbers of the Indian origin students who are studying in the University of Oxford and as per the report issued by an agency, there are as many as 400+ Indian students, who undertake the postgraduate program from the Oxford University each academic year. This ratio is significantly increasing each year as the preference of Indian student of graduating from Oxford is spiking every year.
There are the plenty of the graduate and the postgraduate programs into the University, which has been developed specifically for the Indian origin students and India is on the fifth spot in the numbers of students, who are having the large student ratio in the Oxford University.
University of Oxford :
1) Eligibility Criteria For Admission
Having a dream of becoming a graduate from the Oxford University is a simple task, which takes nothing but converting that dream into the reality is really a task which is not the cup of everyone’s tea since you have to pay the price for it.
The University of Oxford has such admission eligibility criteria, which can’t be met by the majority of the students and those who work hard to make Oxford their reality they deserve their spot within the auditorium of the University.
Here you can check out the full admission eligibility criteria of the University for your consideration.
- The minimum qualification of the candidate should be 10+2 from CBSE/ISC or any other board with the passing percentage of minimum 90% marks in at least five subjects of the curriculum.
- All those candidates who want to study the undergraduate program of the University in the domain of science must have scored exceptionally well in the JEE advanced.
- IELTS is mandatory for language proficiency with a minimum score of 7.00 in each of the component of this exam.
- TOEFL is also mandatory with the minimum score of 600 marks and the component score of 5.5.
- A certificate of Cambridge Advanced English with “A” Grades or the overall score of 185.
- Cambridge English Proficiency in English is the other certificate with the minimum grade of “B” or 185 marks.
Admission After 10th at Oxford University
Well, as we all know that the University of Oxford is a prestigious University and being the University in itself there is no secondary or secondary higher education program at the University.
So, if you are someone who wants your admission into the University after your high school, then my friend you first must complete your 10+2 with the minimum passing marks of 90% in the individual subjects and then you can surely consider taking up the undergraduate program of the University as per your interest.
2) Admission After 12th
If you have passed out your 12th standard exam and looking forward to taking up the graduate program from the University of Oxford, then yes my friend you are eligible to make your admission application. However, the admission will be granted to you upon fulfilling the other admission eligibility criteria of the University.
You can check out the full admission eligibility criteria of the University after 12th standard in the above section of the article and then can accordingly make your admission application to the University.
3) Admission After Graduation
Yes, all the graduate students are welcomed to join the postgraduate programs in their desired stream from the University. There are the wide numbers of the postgraduate programs in the Oxford University in the various domains and you can opt for any of those programs after meeting out the admission eligibility criteria of the concerned postgraduate program.
You can check out the detailed list of the graduate and the postgraduate programs of the University either by visiting the official website of the University, or you can check the same in the next section of the article.
4) Fee Structure
In this section of the article, we are going to provide the admission aspirants with the fee structure of the University of Oxford for some major Graduate and the Postgraduate programs so that the aspirants can have the basic understanding about the fee structure.
You can check out the fee structure here in this section below.
|Name of Program||Fee Structure|
|BA (Hons)||25,70,000 Per Year|
|Engineering Science||30,90,000 Per Year|
|Computer Science Masters||20,90,000|
|Philosophy and Modern Language Programs||23,40,000|
|P.hd in Surgical Science||16,20,000|
5) Courses for Indian Students
Well, there is a lot to study for the Indians scholars at the University of Oxford as they can seek their undergraduate and the postgraduate programs in almost every domain of studies. There are more than 350 undergraduate programs at the university for several of the disciplines and then you can take the undergraduate programs further in the same disciplines.
The University offers the broad ranges of the courses and every year it opens the new numbers of the course for the students in the brand new areas so that the scholars can explore more than their expectations.
|Stream||Name of Courses|
|Bachelor Courses||BA (Hons) Economics/Management, BA in Computer Science, BFA in Fine Art, BA in Geography|
|Computer Courses||BA in Computer Science, MSc in Computer Science,|
|Engineering Courses||MEng in Engineering Science, MEng in Material Science,|
|Science Courses||MSc in Biochemistry, MSc in Psychological Research, BA in Experimental Psychology|
|Business Courses||MBA, Executive MBA, MSc in Financial Economics|
|Master Courses||MBA, MSc in Financial Economics, MSc in Computer Science, MSc in Law and Finance|
|PhD Courses||DPhil in Surgical Science|
We urge you to visit the official website of the University to have the course brochure for your reference since it is not possible here to mention the name of all the courses due to the vast numbers.
6) Scholarships For Indian Students
The cost of living in England and the tuition fees for the courses at Oxford University might be high for most of the Indian and the international students. Hence if you are an Indian student you can calculate the cost of studying and other expenditures at Oxford University.
To be eligible for applying for a scholarship, you need to fulfil certain eligibility criteria as well as apply for the relevant course by the January deadline.
- For searching for an appropriate scholarship, visit the official Scholarships Page of Oxford University.
- For knowing about the selection process, visit the following link.
- For knowing more about the scholarships, visit the following link
7) Step by Step Admission Process
The University has a very simple process of admission, which is based on the online platform. Therefore, candidates can make their admission application easily.
Here is the step by step admission process for your basic understanding.
- Visit the official website of the University and make your admission application by attaching all the required documents.
- Keep in your mind that you must attach all the required documents such as the educational qualification documents and the letters of recommendations as well.
- You must meet out the admission eligibility criteria of the University by your documents so that you have the better chances of getting shortlisted for the admission purpose.
- Once you are shortlisted for the admission then you will be issued the admission approval letter for the same in your name.
- You can then pay your admission fee and fulfil the other admission formalities.
- You can make your student Visa application which will be issued to you before you fly to the United Kingdom.
- The student Visa can be collected from the United Kingdom’s embassy in India and then you are all set to visit Oxford for your academics or the professional program.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
1. What GPA Do You Need to get into the University of Oxford?
The University requires either the first-class level in your respective academics or the minimum US equivalent GPA of 3.5-4.0
2. What is the Average Fee Structure of MBA in Oxford University?
The average fee of MBA from Oxford is going to be around 53 Lacs per annum which is just the tuition fee of the University.
3. What is the Application Date for Admission in Oxford University?
The admission process of Oxford University begins a year earlier from the actual academics. For instance, if you want to study in the 2019 academic year then you must make your admission application in 2018 by the month of September.
4. Does IELTS Score Require for Admission into Oxford University
Yes, IELTS score is mandatory for all the Indian and other students to check the English language proficiency of the candidates.
Read More about Top Universities
Carnegie Mellon University
New York University
University of California, Berkeley
University of California, Davis
University of California, Los Angeles
University of Michigan
University of Toronto
Johns Hopkins University