Leeds is a well-recognised public research University of the United Kingdom which is specially located in the city of Leeds(West Yorkshire). It is the public University which was established in the year of 1874 to offer the science research and academic studies the aspirants. Initially, the University was established with the purpose of offering the education in the science domain but later it was merged with the school of medicine and it assimilated the medical domain education in its curriculum.
Currently, the University offers a wide range of the undergraduate and the postgraduate courses in the domain of Science, Medicine, Nanotechnology and Aviation Technology etc. The University receives the enormous numbers of the enrolment from the students of all around the world in its various academics and in the professional programs. As per the QS World University Rankings 2019, the University of Leeds has been chosen as the third-best University of the United Kingdom in the term of educational excellence and in the employability aspects. There are the wide numbers of the Indian aspirants who have the strong will to undertake the several kinds of the graduate and the postgraduate programs from the University of Leeds. We are going to devote this article to all those Indian aspirants by providing them with all the required information about the University which will help them in their admission process and knowing the University from the closer view.
Indian Students at Leeds University
Well, if we talk about the University of Leeds in the Indian context then the University is seriously considered to be a very significant option for all the Indian students who want to study Medicine, Science, Accounting, Finance and the other such graduate and the postgraduate domain courses. The University is not as reputed as the Cambridge or the Oxford but yet it is counted among the top Universities of the United Kingdom. The University of Leeds is a significant option for the Indians in the context of their graduate and the postgraduate streams due to many reasons. For instance, the education from the University of Leeds is quite affordable to the Indians, the process of admission is quite simplified and the cost of tuition along with the cost of living in Leeds is also quite affordable to the majority of the Indian students. Moreover, the Leeds is a very decent city of the United Kingdom as it has the favourable studies environment with the least population and the city also has almost nil employment rate which adds up the extra value in the prestige of the University among the Indians.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Leeds University
We understand that the majority of the Indian students are wondering about the admission eligibility criteria of the University of Leeds, therefore, we are going to compile the full admission eligibility criteria of the University below for all the Indian aspirants.
- There must be the minimum education of 10+2 exam from the recognised board of education from India with the minimum passing percentage as may be required by the specific institution of the University.
- GMAT is also required to study in the United Kingdom for Indian students
- IELTS/TOEFL is the mandatory English language proficiency exams for the Indian students, with the minimum passing marks of 87 on an aggregate basis.
- PTE academic qualification is also necessary with overall 60 marks and a minimum of 56 in any of the component.
- Cambridge Advanced English and Trinity College Integrated Skills in English exams qualification are also required.
University of Leeds Fee Structure
The fee structure of the Leeds University is the important admission criteria for the majority of the Indian students as taking the foreign education is the matter of having the appropriate finance, therefore, the fee structure plays an important role. Here we are listing down the full fee structure of the University for the reference of the students.
|Name of Program||Fee Structure of Program|
|MBA||26,80,000 First Year|
|Engineering Programs||20,30,000 First Year|
|International Business Program||25,00,000 First Year|
|Business Analytics Program||21,80,000 First Year|
|Advanced Computer Science Program||18,70,000 First Year|
|B.sc Computer Science||16,90,000 First Year|
|M.sc Health Informatics||17,40,000|
Courses for Indian Students at the University of Leeds
If you are seeking for the detailed information about all the courses offered by the University of Leeds then you can have the look of all the courses below in this section of the article. 1) Engineering Courses
- Automotive Engineering
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced Chemicals Engineering
- Robotics Engineering
- Civil and Mechanical Engineers
- Aerospace Engineering
- Petroleum Products Engineering
- Medical Engineering
- Architectural Engineering etc.
2) Management and Business Courses
- Full-time MBA in all the streams
- International Business Programs
- International Marketing Management
- Banking and Finance Programs
- Human Resources Management
- Economic and Finance Programs etc.
3) Computer Science Programs
- Advanced Computer Science Programs
- BSC Computer Science Programs
- Embedded System Engineering
- High-Performance Computer Graphics program etc.
Kindly note that the above-mentioned program is the limited programs of the University. If you want to check out the details of the full programs then we urge you to visit the official website of the University and download the courses brochure from there. You can search the course appropriate for your career by visiting the official website from here: https://courses.leeds.ac.uk/by-subject
University of Leeds Scholarships For Indian Students
The fees structure for studying most of the courses at Leeds University is generally high. So the University offers various scholarship programs for Indian and foreign students who excel in academics or fulfil certain eligibility criteria. There are a limited number of scholarships available for Indian students. The number of scholarship/ funding opportunities depend upon the course/ program selected by the student. All the scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic achievement. Some of the courses for which the scholarships are available for the Indian students are:
- Arts, Humanities and Cultures
- Biological Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Medicine and Health
For more information and the complete information related to the scholarships and funding programs, you can visit the following link.
Step by Step Admission Process in the University of Leeds for the Indian Students
All the Indian students can here check out the full step by step admission process of the University for their easy reference. You are advised to follow the admission process in the same order to ensure your timely admission there in the University.
- Visit the official website of the University and check out the admission application dates then register yourself by making your admission application.
- You must enclose all the required documents in your application form before sending the admission application to the University.
- Make sure that you are qualified with all the required exams of the University such as the IELTS/TOEFL etc and the documents of the same should be attached in the application form.
- Now just wait for the response of the University in regarding the admission application and if your admission form is approved by the University then you are eligible to apply for the Student Visa.
- Make your student Visa application to the University which will be issued to you later by the UK embassy in India.
- You can at last fly to the United Kingdom to avail your education from the University of Leeds.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about the admission in the University of Leeds, which you should definitely check out in order to have answers of some common questions. 1. What GPA Do you need to get into the University of Leeds? Well, there must be a minimum of grade A to C/9-4 in the English language and the Grade A to E in all the three A levels. 2. What is the Average Fee Structure for MBA at the University of Leeds? The average annual fee structure of MBA in the University of Leeds is around 27 Lacs per annum (approx.) which is just the tuition fee structure of the University. 3. What is the Application Date for Admission in Leeds University? Well, the deadline of the admission depends upon the semester of the University yet if you are applying for the first September semester of the University then you must make your admission application by the end of April 30, 2020. 4. Does IELTS Score Require for Admission at Leeds University Well? Yes, IELTS/TOEFL both are the mandatory exams for the admission into the University of Leeds.
Read More about Top Universities
Carnegie Mellon University
New York University
University of California, Berkeley
University of California, Davis
University of California, Los Angeles
University of Michigan
University of Toronto
Johns Hopkins University